How to Enhance Microsoft Teams with 8x8 Voice
Most business organizations are leveraging communication tools like Microsoft Teams to ensure efficient communication both internally throughout their organization, as well as with their external vendors and customers. Having a powerful communication tool is essential for every business to function and to grow.
Leading Software as a Service provider 8x8 has partnered with Ingram Micro Cloud to deliver, XCaaS, eXperience Communications as a Service™, a global UCaaS and CCaaS solution to partners and their customers around the world. 8x8 focuses on enabling hybrid work models by leveraging their platform to give businesses the flexibility they need for their employees and customers to connect between the corporate office and remote locations.
8x8 Voice for Microsoft Teams launched within Ingram Micro Cloud in 2020, and has since seen rapid global adoption by over 150,000 users. In fact, Baird Technology Research reported that 73% of customers that purchase Microsoft Voice are choosing third party-based direct routing solutions like 8x8 to enhance it.
So, how does 8x8 Voice for Teams enhance Microsoft’s already powerful communication tool? We sat down with Lisa Del Real, Global Channel Chief and Global Vice President of Channel Sales at 8x8, for an inside look. “In today’s hybrid work world, the companies that get ahead are the ones that empower every role across the enterprise with the technology and tools they need to collaborate effectively, increase productivity, and improve customer experience,” Lisa shared.
Here's what 8x8 for Teams has to offer:
- Company-wide collaboration: The XCaaS service plans include rich features for every role in the organization, spanning contact center, calling, video meetings, team messaging, and even business app integrations. In addition, 8x8 Contact Center is a certified solution for Microsoft Teams. It allows sales, service, and support agents to quickly connect and collaborate with other Teams-enabled experts to resolve issues faster—improving customer service and supporting omnichannel interactions, call recording and more.
- Expanded global reach: With the recent additions of Indonesia, Thailand, Philippines, and Panama, 8x8 Global Reach™ now delivers full Public Switched Telephone Network (PSTN) replacement services to 50 countries and territories.
- New industry standard for reliability: The 8x8 eXperience Communications Platform offers the highest levels of reliability and the industry’s only financially backed, platform-wide 99.999 percent uptime SLA across an integrated UCaaS and CCaaS solution.
- Easy access to call recordings: Employees can capture, retain, and retrieve call recordings from any Teams endpoint via the embedded 8x8 Voice for Microsoft Teams app for training, compliance, and archiving purposes. The app is available on Microsoft AppSource and enables 8x8-powered value-added capabilities within the Teams user interface while preserving the native dialer.
- Integrated business messaging: Individual business phone/fax numbers and integrated online presence enable a hybrid workforce to collaborate more easily. Employees can see who’s available (with presence synch) and send SMS or MMS messages (US and Canada) or faxes (globally) directly from any Teams-native interface.
As an exclusive opportunity to Ingram Micro Cloud and their partners, Lisa also gave us this sneak peek, “We are proud to continue to grow our partnership with Ingram Micro Cloud. We've expanded our program to give Ingram Micro partners the ability to resell XCaaS with complimentary solutions like Microsoft. This option provides Ingram Micro VARs, MSPs, CSPs, and Systems Integrators the ability to put everything on their contracts and deliver consolidated billing for their customers. This is a powerful route to market, putting partners in control of their top line revenue and bottom line profits.”
Partners can help their customers create better experiences and enjoy more functionality with an 8x8 Voice for Microsoft Teams integrated solution.
To learn more about how 8x8 can take your Microsoft solution to the next level by contacting Ron Kiener, Solutions Sales Executive, 8x8.
Category Growth & Best Practices, Industry Trends & Insights, Platform & Product Updates
Written by Christian Buerk
Published on April 25, 2022
Christian Buerk, Director of Cloud Sales, Ingram Micro Cloud
Christian is developing Ingram Micro Cloud's sales strategies across all vendors through sales and partner enrichment programs, robust development training, and focused efforts on education throughout the Cloud Sales organization.